Find out about the cost of parking at our hospitals, how you can pay for parking, and parking charge exemptions.
Last updated: 28 July 2022
Parking office details
Parking at our hospitals is provided by Saba Parking, who can be contacted using the following details:
- Saba Parking Shop, Cheltenham General Hospital, 0300 422 4174
- Saba Parking Shop, Gloucestershire Royal Hospital, 0300 422 6101
The Saba parking offices can be contacted during the following opening hours:
|Cheltenham office||Gloucester office|
|Monday (excludes bank holidays)||9am to 5pm||9am to 5pm|
|Tuesday||9am to 5pm||9am to 5pm|
|Wednesday||9am to 5pm||9am to 5pm|
|Thursday||9am to 5pm||9am to 5pm|
|Friday||9am to 5pm||9am to 5pm|
|Saturday||9am to 5pm||CLOSED|
If you have any other queries, please email our Trust transport manager Clive Dawson.
Cost of parking
The following parking charges apply to both Cheltenham General and Gloucestershire Royal Hospitals:
|Up to 1 hour||£2.40|
|Up to 2 hours||£4.40|
|Up to 3 hours||£6.20|
|Up to 4 hours||£7.40|
|Up to 6 hours||£9.10|
|Up to 24 hours||£12.40|
Our parking charges are in line with other car parks in Cheltenham and Gloucester, to discourage people who are not visiting our hospitals from parking in our car parks.
Some patients may qualify for reductions and exemptions to parking charges. Check our parking exemptions and reduction information page for more information.
If you lose your ticket, you will be charged the full daily rate of £12.40.
There is a grace facility in designated areas for ambulance, public and disabled drop-off or pick-up. These apply to:
- Cheltenham General Hospital, Sandford Road car park (20 minutes)
- Gloucestershire Royal Hospital, multi storey car park and the Orchard car park (15 minutes)
How to pay for parking
There are two types of visitor car parks on our hospital sites:
- pay and display: pay for your parking using one of the payment machines within the car parking area and display your purchased ticket in your windscreen. The payment machines are cashless or alternatively you can purchase parking via the Saba Parking UK app or website.
At Gloucester - Hope House Car Park 9 Orchard – Car Park 6
At Cheltenham – College Road Car Park and Thirlestaine Car Park (Breast Centre)
- pay on exit: take a ticket at the barrier and pay at a machine on foot before returning to your car. These payment machines accept cash, debit or credit card and the option to use contactless payment.
At Gloucester – Orchard Car Park 10 and Tower Car Park (MSCP)
At Cheltenham – Sandford Road Car Park
Saba parking app
You can also pay for parking using the Saba Parking UK app, if you are parking at:
- College Road (Cheltenham General Hospital)
- the Breast Centre (Thirlestaine) (Cheltenham General Hospital)
- the Orchard Centre (Gloucestershire Royal Hospital)
- Hope House (Gloucestershire Royal Hospital)
You can download the Saba Parking UK app from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android) stores.
Help with the cost of parking
Check our exemptions and permits page to see if you are eligible for help you with the cost of parking.